SEE NEW MALAHAT NORTH REAL ESTATE LISTINGS...FIRST!!
Register with Sean Thomas and The Neal Estate Team at RE/MAX ALLIANCE and you'll get access to the most Advanced Home Search Tools in the city!
Malahat North Real Estate For Sale:
Keller Williams Elite Realty (Vic)
Royal LePage Coast Capital - Westshore
Macdonald Realty Victoria
Sutton Group West Coast Realty
Malahat Real Estate Market
The Malahat area divides Greater Victoria and Up Island, defined as part of the start of the Cowichan Valley, just north of Victoria. Named for the Malahat First Nation, the Malahat real estate market is a mix of secluded oceanfront and lakefront rural properties and homes in small communities like Cobble Hill, Shawnigan Lake and Mill Bay. A number of new subdivisions are being developed in this area, so this is the perfect place to look, if you want a new home in a small town environment. Waterfront homes here are available on Shawnigan Lake and on Finlayson Arm.
Up Island Real Estate Market
The Up Island housing market offers a huge variety, with everything from city centre properties in Nanaimo, the retail and business hub of the central and north parts of the island, to rugged and secluded oceanfront properties on the Island’s west coast. Popular up island communities include Courtney which is about 3 hours from Victoria, while Nanaimo is 2 hours and Duncan is an hour. Tofino and Ucluelet on the west coast are about 4.5 hours from Victoria.
Malahat and Up Island Highlights:
- Driving times to Victoria from the upper end of Shawnigan Lake, Cobble Hill and Mill Bay are all about 45 minutes;
- Shawnigan Lake and Mill Bay are home to two of the province’s top private schools, the Shawnigan Lake School and Brentwood College;
- Mill Bay is linked to Brentwood Bay on the Saanich Peninsula by ferry;
- The Cobble Hill area is largely agricultural and in recent years has become known for its vineyards;
- Driving the full length of the Island, from Victoria to Port Hardy will take about 6 hours.
Hear About New Malahat Listings, First!
Registering with Ron Neal let's you set up Listing Alerts matching criteria you set.
^ Back to Malahat North Real Estate
NOTE: MLS® property information is provided under copyright© by the Victoria Real Estate Board. The information is from sources deemed reliable, but should not be relied upon without independent verification. The website must only be used by consumers for the purpose of locating and purchasing real estate.